|Our Christian Education Committee offers Bible teaching for both children and adults. Our services include; Sunday School, children’s church, youth group, teacher training, Vacation Bible School and other similar ministries. Although the programs themselves rarely change, the curriculum within the program is constantly changing. Each children’s program is led by two or more adults while teens are encouraged to volunteer. NLBC abides by a Safe Place Policy for both our children’s safety and well being, as well as the safe keeping of our volunteer’s integrity.
Our Christian Education programs include:
Due to Covid our only classes meeting at this time are the Adult Sunday School Class and the Teen Sunday School Class. Children are welcome in the sanctuary with their parents. We have bags with things for them to do and for the older children we have books for them to work in that follow the sermon. We hope more classes can be added soon.
Sunday School Classes
Sunday Morning 9:15am – 10:15am
- Nursery – Infants through 2 Years Old
- Toddling Tots – 2-4 Year Olds
- Kindergarten, First & Second Grade
- Third, Fourth & Fifth Grade
- Junior High & High School
- Ladies Adult Class
- “Alpha” Co-ed Adult Class
- This class systematically studies books of the Bible and encourages open participation and conversation.
- “Omega” Co-ed Adult Class
- This class studies specific topics or books of the Bible and encourages open participation and conversation.
Sunday Morning Children’s Ministries
Children dismissed from sanctuary following worship team involvement.
- Nursery – Newborns through 2 Years Old
Nursery is available for use and the service is televised.
- 3 – 8 Year Olds – Olympians
- Bible stories, songs, Bible memory, games, coloring. This excludes the 1st Sunday of the month which is Family/Communion Sunday. Only children 4 years old and younger are dismissed to the lower level. Children 4 and up remain upstairs and can use our activity bags or their workbooks as age permits.
- 8 – 12 Year Olds – GOT BIBLE?
- Our GOT BIBLE? kids remain upstairs for the sermon. Their Sermon Workbooks are in the back of the sanctuary. They follow the sermon and fill our their books for Olympian credit. Excludes the 4th Sunday of the month, in which all ages groups gather downstairs for Olympian fun!
If parents choose not to dismiss their children from the sanctuary for the children’s activities, the children must remain seated with their parents.